Today is sky painting day. I took pictures of a great sunset on Monday night. I was driving and was looking at the sunset but I kept driving. I should have stopped earlier, but didn’t. I fought with myself for five miles to stop and take apicture. When am I going to learn, just stop [...]
This poor website has gone begging. I’ve spent so much time on the other Betty Slade Creations Site for Facebook, I’ve ignored this one. My Facebook site has been designed to communicate to my art students and friends. Daily I posts art lessons, artist’s quotes, articles, my Wyndham students work and other artist’s art that [...]
To my artist friends. Take courage, what you do today will speak another day. This painting was a part of a series I painted for the Classic Ramada in Albuquerque in the ’80s. The hotel wanted paintings with texture in southwest motif. I used tiles to give texture. The tiles represent the houses at the base [...]
Over the years, I painted and painted. I didn’t think much about keeping records of my art or where my art went. In recent years with the computer, it has been easier to keep track of my art, but for the last thirty years, my art could be anywhere. Every once in a while I [...]
My grandson has just finished a video of a tour through my gallery and studio. This link is unlisted on YouTube. But for my friends, please enjoy my tour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvWArT0Ip78
The Artist’s Quote: Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop. Unknown I came home from the State Wrestling Tournament in a snow blizzard over Wolf Creek Pass with the windows rolled down. The three teenage boys in the far backseat were making horrible smells and singing western songs at the top of [...]
Just released The King’s Choice, a study of Song of Solomon through Lulu.Com. Go to BettyJSlade.com for more details.
Footprints in Paints By Betty Slade A Home Study Course “Painting with Watercolors” This is for anyone who has a desire to paint but doesn’t know how to start. I’m not going to teach you how to paint like a beginner, But I’m going to teach you how to paint like an ARTIST. There [...]
Living Life on the Front Page is a collection of articles that appeared in the Pagosa Spring SUN from 2008-2012. It’s all about the happenings in small town, Pagosa. I write about My Sweet Al, his brother, David, our dogs and our friend’s pets. You might even find yourself in one of the articles. See [...]
Excellent Valentine’s Gift Order your copy of Spirit of the Red Candle, Journal of Mary Magdalene today and receive free of charge, The Author’s Journal by Betty Slade and a packet of lavender. This book tells the meaning and symbolism behind the names and places of the novel, Spirit of the Red Candle and the reason why author, Betty [...]
- Black Floral Painting October 10, 2011
- Hand-Painted Accent Chairs November 6, 2011
- Footprints in Paint – Inspirational Sketch Book Journal – Shine Light on Inspiration December 1, 2011
- All Nature Sings November 28, 2011
- Christmas 2011 – Family – Pagosa Springs, Colorado December 27, 2011
- Look up, the sky is changing October 30, 2013
- Red Mountain Pass – Before the Mountains were, I Am October 30, 2013
- High Mesa – Full Circle May 14, 2013
- The Family May 12, 2013
- Studio and Gallery Tour March 9, 2013
- Peggy Best: Just returned home to the villages and was able to...
- Marion Logan: I have read some good stuff here. Certainly worth ...
- Betty Slade: Thanks...
- Betty Slade: Glad to hear that it is easy to bring up....
- Betty Slade: What is your website called? What do you do?...
- Art Projects
- Art Works
- Betty's Business World
- Betty's Other World
- Blanco Dove Retreat Center
- DVD – Bible Studies
- Hand-painted Chairs
- How I Sold My First 2500 books
- Open Diary
- Product Page – Art Works
- Weekly Columns